Pointe Claire Dragon Qualifier
Check out the great weekend the National divers had in Pointe Claire
The K|W Spring Classic is this weekend – check it out!
Check the link to see the action!
K|WDC wants you to #GETONBOARD and try diving for yourself TODAY- Saturday March 18th – from 4 to 6pm at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex! See how much fun the sport can be! Diving is sport #13 is Participaction’s 150 sports to try in Canada’s 150th year!
K|W Diving Club is one of the many Local sports clubs supporting the Waterloo Region bid for the 2021 Canada games. If successful the bid will bring $6 million for improving local facilities including local diving boards and towers. CJ Moore, one of our Elite Divers, has attended two Canada Games – both 2009 and 2013. Help us develop young Waterloo Region divers into future champions!
ParticipACTION 150 Get on board event!
The KW diving club is part of the ParticipACTION 150 #GETONBOARD event.
ParticipACTION created the ParticipACTION 150 Play List in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday. Canadians are challenged to try as many of the activities on the list as they can to get moving more, sitting less and for chances to win great prizes. Sign up at participaction.com/150 to get started and participate.
Saturday March 18th from 4 to 6pm at the Waterloo Recreational Centre ANYONE of any age of ability can come out and trying diving!
Diving is sport number 13 of the 150 on the list!!
Winter diving class registration
Register now for all Winter semester diving classes!!
On Sunday, October 2 the KW Diving Club will be hosting a BBQ fundraiser outside Zehrs Conestoga Mall. The BBQ will start at 11am and will end between 5 and 6 pm.
Thanks for supporting Kitchener-Waterloo divers!
KWDC divers are featured in the KW Record!
Team of the week
The KW Diving Club is the Waterloo Chronicle’s Team of the Week!!
K|W diving club is seeking a new coach!!
Kitchener Waterloo Diving Club is looking to hire a highly-motivated, professional coach who is passionate about diving and the development of youth divers.
Description & Requirements:
- Run diving practices for divers of all ages (6 – 18).
- Lead divers through curricula, demonstrate fundamental skills, and deliver appropriate coaching points.
- Create comprehensive session plans with age and skill appropriate exercises.
- Perform some administrative duties that may include but not be limited to communication with parents(email, other),dive lists for competition, printing and distributing information
- Attend dive meets during the meet season
- Engage and motivate divers while enforcing proper behavior and order with a positive and outgoing attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a passion for the sport of diving and developing Ontario’s next generation of divers
- Start date is September 2016
- NCCP comp-intro or higher.
- Able to commit to 1-year contract.
- Work 3 days per week and weekends.
- Must have a car or access to a car during standard practice hours
- Must have a cell phone.
- Pass background check.
- Competitive pay and flexible work schedule. (Approx. 22 hours a week at a minimum)
- Extensive staff development and training program.
- Complete uniform and training equipment provided.
- Fun and fulfilling work.
Please send an email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2016