KWDC divers featured in a KW Record story!
Several of our divers were recently featured in a KW Record story about the Provincial Championships our club hosted!
Check it out:
The Kitchener Waterloo Diving Club is looking for a Coach
Position Title: Provincial Diving Coach and Program Coordinator
Position Overview: Coaches provincial-level Tier II divers; identifies strengths and weaknesses, implements training and practice strategies; develops skills and capabilities; motivates and prepares divers for competitive events. In conjunction with team, develops team strategies and policies. Coordinates all diving programs; oversee all learn to dive and supplementary programs, assesses success of programs and makes recommendations for future actions.
About the Kitchener Waterloo Diving Club:
The K|W Diving Club is one of the largest clubs in Ontario, diving at the Waterloo Rec Center in Waterloo, Ontario and offering dryland training at our facility on Manitou Drive in Kitchener, Ontario. The club offers many opportunities for all levels of diving – from the learn to dive through to the national competitive level.
- Perform duties in for the KW Diving Club in accordance with the mission, objectives, By-Laws, regulations and policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Coaches Tier II athletes to their full potential; identifies needs, develops individualized training plans and oversees strength, dryland and pool training.
- Keeps program statistics to track success; reviews and recommends new programs, program expansion or program amendments.
- Ensures effective coverage at all times; recommends organizational restructure or human resource changes as required.
- Represents KW Diving Club to community, government agencies, media and other organizations as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- National Coaching Certification Program – Competitive Introduction Trained as a Diving Coach, certification an asset
- 4-6 years related experience.
- Written and verbal communication skills to interact with parents and stakeholders, make presentations and respond to the media.
- Analytic skills to assess program data and information, and to make recommendations for future programming.
- Skill with the use of a personal computer and the ability to use computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 2-year diploma in a related field (e.g. sport team management, business management, kinesiology), is an asset
Job Status: Part time contract
Hours of Work: 20 to 30 hours a week
Compensation: to be discussed based on qualifications
Reports to: KWDC Head Coach
If you are interested in this position, please apply in writing with a resume, including your NCCP number and cover letter, by mail or e-mail to:
Kitchener Waterloo Diving Club
5 Manitou Drive Unit 101
Attention: KW Executive
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
KWDC divers meet Olympian Meghan Benfeito
Last Sunday some of the junior KW divers got a chance to meet Olympian Meghan Benfeito at the TPASC during Summer Seniors for an inspirational talk and some great diving advice. Thanks Dive Ontario!!
Pointe Claire Dragon Qualifier
Check out the great weekend the National divers had in Pointe Claire
The K|W Spring Classic is this weekend – check it out!
Check the link to see the action!
K|WDC wants you to #GETONBOARD and try diving for yourself TODAY- Saturday March 18th – from 4 to 6pm at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex! See how much fun the sport can be! Diving is sport #13 is Participaction’s 150 sports to try in Canada’s 150th year!
K|W Diving Club is one of the many Local sports clubs supporting the Waterloo Region bid for the 2021 Canada games. If successful the bid will bring $6 million for improving local facilities including local diving boards and towers. CJ Moore, one of our Elite Divers, has attended two Canada Games – both 2009 and 2013. Help us develop young Waterloo Region divers into future champions!
ParticipACTION 150 Get on board event!
The KW diving club is part of the ParticipACTION 150 #GETONBOARD event.
ParticipACTION created the ParticipACTION 150 Play List in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday. Canadians are challenged to try as many of the activities on the list as they can to get moving more, sitting less and for chances to win great prizes. Sign up at participaction.com/150 to get started and participate.
Saturday March 18th from 4 to 6pm at the Waterloo Recreational Centre ANYONE of any age of ability can come out and trying diving!
Diving is sport number 13 of the 150 on the list!!
Winter diving class registration
Register now for all Winter semester diving classes!!
On Sunday, October 2 the KW Diving Club will be hosting a BBQ fundraiser outside Zehrs Conestoga Mall. The BBQ will start at 11am and will end between 5 and 6 pm.
Thanks for supporting Kitchener-Waterloo divers!