Divers who show potential (through ability, attitude, and work ethic) may be invited to join our competitive program. Competitive divers will be working on a dive list to meet competition requirements in order to compete throughout the season. Attendance at competitions is mandatory
The focus of the Competitive Team is to develop personal excellence, work ethic and self-esteem. Our goal is to help each diver attain his or her level of success whether it is at the Regional, Provincial, National or International Level.Register Now
There are three levels of Competitive divers:
Divers at this level will dive at our regional meets and the Tier II provincials. The goal of this level is for divers to have a Level II by the end of the season and/or to work toward a Level I list.
- Coaches recommendation (typically requires Level III list on the 1 meter, Level III list on the 3 meter or working towards same)
- Pool time: 6 hours a week (3 times 2 hour sessions)
- Dryland: 4 hours a week (2 times 2 hour sessions)
- Competitions: mandatory (number of competitions may vary but typically includes 3-5 meets)
Divers at this level will compete at our national qualifying meets, with the goal of qualifying for Canadian Junior and/or Senior Nationals. Depending on age and ability, divers at this level may also do platform diving.
- Coaches recommendation (typically requires Level I list on both boards, or working towards same)
- Pool time: minimum of 8 hours a week (4 times 2 hour sessions)
- Dryland: minimum of 4 hours a week (2 times 2 hour sessions)
- Competitions: mandatory
Divers at this level will/ have been on a national team. Training will be set by the coach to meet the athlete’s needs and goals.
- National team member (Current or Past)
Some athletes come from a previous athletic discipline and may already meet the requirements needed to join our JAD or competitive team. These disciplines include, but are not limited to Gymnastics, Dance or Figure Skating. Please send us an email to request a complete assessment.